Youth Justice Worker - Parkville and Malmsbury Precincts
- Earn from $55,439 up to $75,400 including penalty rates and overtime + super
- Job security with ongoing career opportunities
- Full training provided including a fully funded Certificate IV in Youth Justice
If you’re finishing your studies, we are now recruiting for casual and full-time roles at Malmsbury Youth Justice Precinct and full-time roles at Parkville Youth Justice Precinct.
About the role
Youth justice workers empower young people to steer their lives in a positive direction. They work in a safe and secure custodial environment and act as part of an extended family for young people in their care, helping them work to a daily structure, achieve key goals and develop life skills.
We look for:
- passion and empathy – the willingness to work with children and young people while still setting boundaries
- life experience – the ability to adapt and manage challenging situations
- dedication and resilience – maintaining positivity and commitment even after setbacks
- teamwork – the ability to be a natural team player and work well with a close team
- verbal and written communication skills – report writing will be part of your job
- pro-activity – the skill for solving challenges and complex issues with bright ideas.
Qualifications and experience
We also value qualifications or experience in the following areas:
case management, youth work, community services, social studies, education, criminology or allied health practices such as psychology, speech pathology, occupational therapy, psychiatric nursing or alcohol and other drugs.
You will be able to study for our new Certificate IV in Youth Justice as part of your foundational training.
Applications are now open so join our team today and help create change from the inside out.
Thinking of a tree change?
If you're open to relocating, Malmsbury in North-Western Victoria is a gorgeous, part of the world famed its thriving arts scene. Up to $10,000 is currently being offered to cover expenses in moving from your current home to within a 60-minute drive of Malmsbury.
Career information sessions
Make sure you register for one of our online career Q&A sessions at www.justice.vic.gov.au/youthjusticecareers
It's a great opportunity to ask questions about day-to-day work at our youth justice precincts and the career pathways available.
Close date: 30 June 2023
Point of contact:
1300 191 834