Youth Justice Worker – Cherry Creek Precinct
- Bring your therapeutic skills to our new state-of-the-art facility
- Earn up to $92,712, with a base salary of $72,751 including standard penalty rates and overtime
- Full training provided including a fully funded Certificate IV in Youth Justice
Right now, we are recruiting for part-time and full-time roles at our purpose-built Cherry Creek youth justice precinct close to Werribee.
About the role
As a youth justice worker, you'll empower young people in custody to steer their lives in a positive direction by acting as part of an extended network of care, helping them work to a daily structure, achieve key goals and develop life skills.
Youth justice workers at Cherry Creek also act as keyworkers in a young persons' care team to monitor progress and support rehabilitative outcomes.
We look for:
- passion and empathy – the willingness to work with children and young people while still setting boundaries
- life experience – the ability to adapt and manage challenging situations
- dedication and resilience – maintaining positivity and commitment even after setbacks
- teamwork – the ability to be a natural team player and work well with a close team
- verbal and written communication skills – report writing will be part of your job
- pro-activity – the skill for solving challenges and complex issues with bright ideas.
Qualifications and experience
We also value qualifications or experience in the following areas:
case management, youth work, community services, social studies, education, criminology or allied health practices such as psychology, speech pathology, occupational therapy, psychiatric nursing or alcohol and other drugs.
You will be able to study for our new Certificate IV in Youth Justice as part of your foundational training. As part of our multidisciplinary team, you can look forward to ongoing professional development. Once a fortnight, youth justice workers at Cherry Creek have a crossover day with supervisors where they focus on training and development needs, supervision and team building.
Applications are now open so join our team today and help create change from the inside out.
Career information sessions
Make sure you register for one of our online career Q&A sessions at www.justice.vic.gov.au/youthjusticecareers
It's a great opportunity to ask questions about day-to-day work at our youth justice precincts and the career pathways available.
Close date: 30 June 2023
Point of contact:
1300 191 834