Senior Mental Health Nurse/Case Manager
- Permanent Full Time or Part time (minimum 0.8EFT) can be considered
- Rotating roster (day shifts only)
- Monthly ADO for Full Time
- Attractive salary + salary packaging options to increase take home pay!
About the organisation
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
The Box Hill Mobile Support and Treatment Service (BHMSTS) offers community recovery orientated services, consultation, assessment, treatment and support to people with a mental illness, their carers and families. The BHMSTS provides services to consumers between the ages of 16 and 64 who live in the Municipalities of Whitehorse, Manningham and Monash.
BHMSTS is co-located with the Koonung, Doncaster & Waverley Continuing Care Teams, Linwood Psychiatric Assessment Recovery Centre (PARC), Brief Intervention Team (BIT), Early Psychosis Team (EPT) and the Carrington Private Consulting Suites, at the Koonung Centre in Box Hill.
About the role
The primary role is to provide high quality assessment, intensive case management services and assertive outreach support to people experiencing a mental illness utilising a recovery-oriented model of care.
Main responsibilities but not limited to:
- Mental Health Nurse/ Clinical Case Manager undertaking case management and support the recovery for people with a lived experience of mental ill health within the BHMSTS.
- Provide clinical leadership in the form of role modelling, mentoring, and working with consumers who have a more complex lived experience of mental ill health; providing support and strategies to other clinicians around how to support these consumers
- Provide interventions in relation to complex clinical issues that includes a Dual Diagnosis, to improve consumer level of functioning and quality of life. Simultaneously work collaboratively with consumers, families, carers and key stake holders in the development, implementation and review of Individual Recovery Plans/Treatment Plans and provision of quality services.
We are seeking a dynamic clinician with mental health experience, who is highly motivated to support our consumers to achieve in their life.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Experience in supporting adults with the lived experience of mental ill health.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team and autonomously.
- Commitment to supervised practice, ongoing professional development and further developing skills in clinical mental health.
- You must hold a valid driver’s license.
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
Vaccination against infectious disease is a mandatory requirement of this role. An offer of employment is conditional on you providing evidence that you are currently vaccinated against COVID-19 with booster & Influenza, prior to commencing employment.
Qualifications and experience
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
- Onsite Parking
Qualifications and experience
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health is a child safe organisation, committed to promoting the wellbeing and cultural safety of Aboriginal children, children with disabilities and all children in their diversity.
Eastern Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that welcomes and values all people. We recognise that diversity is essential in ensuring Eastern Health provides the best service to its consumers.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, women, those from the LGBTIQ+ community, people living with disability and those from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, are strongly encouraged to apply. Those seeking support in submitting an application are welcome to contact the hiring manger listed or feel free to contact the Talent Acquisition team.
Close date: 1 June 2023
Point of contact:
(04) 3522 3071