Senior Community Clinician
About the organisation
A leading Gippsland employer, Latrobe Regional Hospital is Gippsland's specialist referral and trauma centre located 150km east of Melbourne. We are a purpose-built teaching hospital caring for a population of more than 260,000 people. Our comprehensive range of services extends to emergency, intensive care, elective surgery, allied health, obstetrics, medical and radiation oncology at the Gippsland Cancer Care Centre, dialysis and aged care.
About the role
An exciting opportunity currently exists for a Registered Nurse, Social Worker, Psychologist or Occupational Therapist to join the Wonthaggi Child and Youth Mental Health team at Latrobe Regional Hospital on a Part Time or Full Time Ongoing basis.
Reporting to the Manager – Child and Youth Mental Health team, the successful applicant will play an important role in the delivery and clinical leadership of mental health services to child and youth clients of the South Gippsland area.
The Victorian Government has allocated funds to support rural and regional Area Mental Health Services (AMHS) to provide incentives to attract workers to roles that are difficult to fill. The regional mental health workforce incentive grants will support the attraction, recruitment, and retention of new workers to Latrobe Regional Hospitals mental health services in regional Victoria. This role has been identified as being eligible for an incentive payment of up to $20,000 subject to eligibility and negotiation with successful candidates. This incentive may be used to reimburse rent, childcare, school fees, relocation costs and more!
- A friendly and supportive team
- A collaborative and innovative working environment
- Training and education
- Staff Wellbeing Clinic
- Career progression opportunities
Our unique difference:
- Regional lifestyle opportunities
- Access to excellent schools, health and transport services
- Generous salary packaging benefits, paid parental leave and flexible working conditions
- Expanding specialist services with future redevelopments & expansions
Qualifications and experience
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work within a multidisciplinary service delivery framework
- Leadership skills and demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Clinical knowledge, skills and experience
- A commitment to ongoing professional training and development, and
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of the Victorian Mental Health Act 2014, the National Standards for Mental Health Services 1996, the National Standards for the Mental Health Workforce 2002 and the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards including NSQHS standards.
Benefit of working at LaTrobe
LRH is recognised as a leading learning hospital providing ongoing career opportunities. We provide a safe and rewarding work environment for all of our staff and have made a long-term commitment to strengthen our organisational culture through leadership excellence, education and training.
Now is an exciting time to join our team with significant growth on the horizon.
At LRH we value workforce diversity and inclusion, where individual uniqueness is embraced. We value diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexuality.
At LRH we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background. LRH’s Koori Health Liaison Officer is available to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent applicants on (03) 5173 8653.
We at LRH strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the People & Culture team via email at (03) 5173 8635 noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
Close date: 2 February 2023
Point of contact:
Darrin Henry - Team Manager CYMHS
(03) 5128 0100