RPN Grade 4 - MH Intellectual Disability Initiative (Adults)
About the role
The main focus for this position is to provide ongoing monitoring of mental state, risk, physical health and input into the formulation and treatment of consumers with a dual disability. This role works closely with the wider Multi Disciplinary Team which includes Consultant, Junior Medical staff, Educator, Social worker, Occupational Therapist, Speech Pathologist, which will grow your capacity and further extend your clinical expertise.
This role will also incorporate senior responsibilities, which will include active involvement in clinical practice, leadership and management, education, safety and quality, practice development, and managing a clinical portfolio. The role is responsible for outcomes under the direction of the line manager.
This opportunity is a Full Time, Monday to Friday position ongoing. No nights! No Weekends!
You are a suitably qualified Mental Health Nurse with exceptional clinical knowledge and assessment skills. You have experience in or have a keen interest in the intellectual disability sector. Whilst you can work autonomously you are also a strong team player and work efficiently in a team environment and are passionate to achieve outstanding outcomes for our consumers.
What you need
- A Post Graduate Diploma or higher studies in Mental Health Nursing or equivalent
- Experience in Mental Health Nursing within community preferred but not essential
- Experience working with people with a Dual disability; Mental Health and Intellectual Disability is highly desirable but not essential .
- Current registration through AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
What we offer
- Access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your acute clinical skills and knowledge base
- Avenues to further develop your leadership and project management skills
- Mentorship and career guidance
- Support to attend relevant forums and conferences
- A supportive learning environment, should you wish to undertake postgraduate studies
In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay, access to onsite subsidised staff car parking and gym (only where relevant), uniform (only where relevant) and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
How to apply
We’re only able to accept applications submitted via the Monash Health online Mercury System.
For information including how to apply and probity check requirements, please refer to attached ‘Application Guide’ located under Position Documents.
Close date: 30 November 2022
Point of contact:
0400 144 884
Job Ad Reference: 56675