RPN and PEN - Adult Mental Health, MMC Clayton
- Seeking dynamic and experienced Mental Health Enrolled and Registered Psychiatric nurses
- Be part of a great team who recently received a STAR award for excellent teamwork
- Bring your innovation and make an impact on outstanding patient care and goal focused clinical practice
About the organisation
Monash Health is the largest public health service in Victoria, employing over 18,000 people across a range of specialities.
P Block is a 31 bed unit which sits within the Adult Bed Based Service under the Mental Health program at Monash Medical Centre Clayton. The service provides short-term inpatient management and treatment during an acute phase of mental illness, through until management within the community is a safe option. With the provision of a range of therapeutic interventions and programs, both patients and families are able to learn about the impact of illness and explore ways to better manage within their environment with coping strategies as they move toward recovery.
About the role
As an Enrolled Psychiatric Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse, you will work with adult inpatient consumers with varying degrees of acute psychiatric or mental illness and/or drug and alcohol dependency problems. You will be a recognised member of the psychiatric care team, and at any time you would be providing primary nursing care to five patients in a case management model, while also leading five nurses on the shift.
We are privileged to have a dynamic work force that are dedicated to providing the best patient care, provide a sound learning environment that is friendly, professional, collaborative and culturally diverse.
P Block has opportunities for both Enrolled Psychiatric Nurses and Registered Psychiatric Nurses in part time or full time ongoing opportunities. Find your work life balance with the rostering opportunities across all shifts seven days a week.
As a motivated and experienced Psychiatric Nurse, you possess a patient-centred approach and demonstrate a commitment to recovery focused care. You are an innovative thinker and are always looking for ways to improve service delivery. You can also demonstrate a keen understanding of the Mental Health Act (2014) as it relates to delivering holistic patient care.
To further your application we will look for you to have;
- Previous leadership experience is desirable but not essential
- Evidence of commitment in working towards a profession in mental health nursing which may include commencement of a Diploma/Masters in Mental Health Nursing
- Demonstrated nursing experience within a mental health setting
- Australian working rights
- Current AHPRA registration
Close date: 31 January 2022
Point of contact:
8572 5605 Option 3