Registered Psychiatric Nurses
Grow your psychiatric nursing career at Barwon Health, Geelong and be part of a leading mental health service committed to delivering best care.
- Develop your skills in a service invested in your ongoing career development
- Convenient central locations + flexible work/life balance arrangements
- Multiple opportunities- take control of your nursing career & apply today!
About the Geelong region
Sitting within one of Victoria’s six regional health centres, Barwon Health serves the community of Greater Geelong and beyond. Victoria’s second largest city after Melbourne!
- Enjoy a range of lifestyle choices including inner city, coastal, suburban and rural homes at affordable prices
- High standard of schooling options throughout the area
- A stone throw from the Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road
- Appreciate beautiful parks, rivers, walks and wineries
To find out more about the Geelong region, visit our Moving to the Region page on the Barwon Health website.
About the facilities
Barwon Health Mental Health Drug & Alcohol Service is entering a new phase of co-design of our service system with people who access our services and our wider community. This will build on our nationally recognized unique cultural approach to the challenges of recovery oriented service delivery to redesign our service system.
The Swanston Centre is a 32 bed acute psychiatric admission unit providing recovery orientated care delivery for people aged 16 and over, experiencing the effects of major mental illness/distress.
Our service is internationally recognised for its innovative clinical programs and integrated models of practice that value client centeredness, holistic care, accessibility, family inclusiveness, best practice, and ongoing professional development. We are fortunate to enjoy excellent internal relationships within our wide range of clinical programs. We have developed excellent partnerships with the local community that provide for seamless integrated care for our clients.
Prevention and Recovery Care (PARC)
Our subacute PARC program offers an 8 bed residential program, day program and outreach support in partnership with ERMHA for up to 28 days. PARC offers a step up/step down program where consumers are invited to engage in a therapeutic program along with a tailored care plan responding to their areas of support need.
Community Rehabilitation Facility (CRF) is a residential 12 bed program offering psychosocial support for consumer for a longer length of stay with a focus on sustainable strategy to manage mental health experiences, therapeutic programs and one to one support and care plan tailored to the consumer's needs.
About the role
As the successful candidate you will provide high quality, best practice direct delivery of psychiatric treatment and care to consumers within the Swanston Centre or Community Rehabilitation Facility (CRF) / Prevention and Recovery Care (PARC) programs; as part of a multidisciplinary team guided by holistic recovery based principles. Your mission should you choose to accept it:
- To provide best practice, high quality, consumer focused care that meets best practice standards
- To strive to continuously update and develop skills in a timely manner
- Ensure a multidisciplinary approach
About the role
Swanston Centre and PARC are enthusiastic, energetic and focused teams who work cohesively together. We promote positive respectful relationships and strong working partnerships in the workplace and in the community. Our teams are focussed on providing the highest quality patient centred care.
What we offer
- Relocation package available if necessary for all suitable candidates
- Attractive salary packaging benefits!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development pathways, access to education and dedicated educators in the Swanston Centre
- Doorstep to the beautiful Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and Surf Coast
Diversity and inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people with diverse backgrounds.
Close date: 20 October 2021
Point of contact:
Mental Health Recruitment