Registered Psychiatric Nurse
- Permanent Full Time & Permanent Part Time positions available
- Grow your career in Mental Health in a supportive and passionate team
- Support the broader Casey and Cardinia community
Play a key role in discharge planning and recovery of our consumers as part of the Mental Health clinical team while working in collaboration with our skilled Multidisciplinary team.
About the organisation
Ward E is a part of Monash Health Mental Health Services, and is currently a 30 bed, well established unit that is known for its high performing culture. Its implementation of Safe wards is among the best, and our seclusion rates are among the lowest in the state. Its focus on quality services to consumers supporting access and flow have attracted many compliments from consumers and their families and carers.
Why Mental Health at Casey Hospital:
Our Inpatient unit at Casey Hospital is truly a great place to work with opportunities to develop your career.
- We have capacity for up to 5 High Dependency beds and another 5 designated beds for step down, transitional level of care to support comprehensive discharge planning and community engagement where possible, before discharge.
- Consumers remain in the unit until they have recovered to the point where they can be treated effectively and safety in the community.
- Our work is supported by a specialised multidisciplinary team, comprehensive community mental health services (including Mental Health Hospital in the Home) and welfare support services.
- Collaboratively we provide a range of therapeutic interventions and programs available to consumers and their families to learn more about the impact of the illness, explore ways to better manage the illness, improve coping strategies and move towards recovery.
About the role
Ward E is looking for experienced Mental Health Registered Psychiatric Nurses with a passion for providing recovery Focused patient centred care to our consumers during an acute or severe phase of Mental illness.
- Full time and Part time permanent positions available
- 7 day rotating rosters across all shifts
In this role as a Registered Nurse you will work with adult inpatient consumers with varying degrees of acute psychiatric or mental illness and/or drug and alcohol dependency problems. You will be a recognised member of the psychiatric care team, and at any time you would be providing primary nursing care to patients in a case management model, while also supporting other members of the nursing team.
As a motivated and experienced Psychiatric Nurse, you possess a patient-centred approach and demonstrate a commitment to recovery focused care. You are an innovative thinker and are always looking for ways to improve service delivery. You can also demonstrate a keen understanding of the Mental Health Act (2014) as it relates to delivering holistic patient care.
Qualifications and experience
- Evidence of commitment to working in Mental Health - Post Graduate Qualification in Mental Health as outlined in the position description
- Demonstrated experience within an Inpatient Unit or similar
- Current AHPRA registration
- Relevant working rights/visa
Close date: 3 April 2023
Point of contact:
0472 861 000
Job Ad Reference: 59494
For a confidential discussion and to explore the opportunity further, please call Recruitment Specialist Matthew Parker on 0400 144 884.