Registered Nurse - Mental Health High Dependency/Intensive Care Unit - Campbelltown Hospital
- Employment Type: Permanent Full time or part time, up to
- Location: Campbelltown Hospital
- Position Classification: Registered Nurse
- Remuneration: $33.97 - $47.69 per hour
About the opportunity
The team at the BRAND NEW Campbelltown Mental Health Facility are seeking proactive, driven and intuitive Registered Nurses to join them in this exciting new development at Campbelltown.
Are you a passionate mental health nurse with experience in a challenging, high acuity inpatient setting wanting to share your knowledge and skills and maybe looking for a change? Come join our team in the MHICU and HDU providing comprehensive and intensive mental health care to those who need it most in a supportive and engaging environment.
If you are looking for career progression, this is the role for you. With dedicated senior staff permanently placed at each facility, you will have access to the incredible knowledge of a team of highly skilled clinical leaders including a NUM, CNC and CNE. This means you will be highly supported in the role and encouraged to grow and develop in your professional career. Ideally for this role you will have had some experience with Mental Health care where you can progress this experience with the guidance of senior clinical staff. You will receive ongoing education, training and support.
We are seeking forward thinkers who show great initiative while taking action and being dedicated to hands on health improvement. You will be passionate about providing the best care to patients with excellent judgment and strong attention to detail. You will be skilled in recognising any patient decline in a timely manner and be flexible in the care you provide.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic and collaborative multidisciplinary team with a strong commitment to safety, consumer advocacy and recovery focused mental health care for a range of consumers within the local community.
Don’t miss out on these incredible opportunities to fast track your career development in Mental Health care!
About the role
The Registered Nurse will provide safe, compassionate, quality, person centred care and work in collaboration with patients/families/carers and a multidisciplinary team to achieve identified goals and outcomes.
South Western Sydney Local Health District (SWSLHD) is focused on achieving our Vision of Leading Care, healthier communities.
At South Western Sydney Local Health District we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, where we don’t just accept differences but we honour and support it. Committed to providing a working environment that thrives and values diversity, we encourage people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background and people with a disability to apply.
Qualifications and experience
To be considered for this position, please ensure you address the selection criteria as thoroughly as possible.
- Current Authority to Practice as a Registered Nurse with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated recent experience as a Registered Nurse in an environment appropriate to the relevant speciality.
- Demonstrated ability to provide safe compassionate quality care that is culturally responsive.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and engage with patients/consumers, carers and the multidisciplinary health care team to identify and ensure responsiveness of care needs.
- Demonstrated capacity to interact with others in a personable and professional manner and personally resolve conflicts when they arise.
- Demonstrated evidence of the use of critical thinking as it relates to the delivery of evidenced based nursing care.
- Demonstrated understanding and participation in risk management, work health and safety and quality improvement in the workplace.
Close date: 29 January 2023
Point of contact:
Nicole Tha Nicole.Tha@health.nsw.gov.au
Job Ad Reference: REQ371564
Interview Date Range: 01/02/2023- 08/02/2023