- $65,561.60 - $92,601.60 p.a. (dependent on exp/pro rata for PT)
- Multiple, Permanent, Part Time positions available
- Opportunity for supported pathway into specialization in mental health
Permanent employment within Mental Health Program upon successful completion of Transition to Specialty Practice Program.
Are you looking for your next career move?
Are you passionate to undertake study within a community or specialized mental health setting?
About the organisation
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
Eastern Health is recruiting Transition to Specialty Practice Positions for 2023 across numerous community mental health settings including: Continuing Care Teams (CCT), Mobile Support and Treatment Service (MSTS), CYMHS and Dual Diagnosis Team.
Qualifications and experience
To be successful in this role you should possess the following:
- Bachelor of Nursing or other recognised equivalent formal qualification leading to condition free registration in Australia
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australian (NMBA) via AHPRA
- 12 months’ post registration employment experience, inclusive of six months’ experience contemporary acute mental health experience required for Community Mental Health positions TSP Positions.
- For TSP position within the Mobile Support and Treatment Service (MSTS), a minimum 2 years post registration employment, inclusive of 18 months contemporary acute mental health.
- Demonstrated clinical skills aligned with experience and scope of practice
- Motivated and self-directed learner who is receptive to feedback
- A current valid Victorian Drivers Licence
- Well-developed communication skills
- Patient centred practice
- Passion for clinical excellence
- Willingness to engage in clinical supervision practice
- Willingness to work rotating roster
- Up to date Vaccinations COVID-19 & Influenza
What Eastern Health offers
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
How to apply
All applicants must apply via the e-Mercury system & applications must be received by close of business (COB) on advertised end date.
On your e-mercury application you will be required to upload:
- Cover letter addressing why you are interested in pursuing a career within Community Mental Health
- Resume - with two clinical referees- Must be direct line manager.
- Proof of vaccination for external applicants
- Certified copy of post graduate qualifications if completed
You will also be required to complete the selection criteria.
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal
- History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
Vaccination against infectious disease is a mandatory requirement of this role. An offer of employment is conditional on you providing evidence that you are currently vaccinated against COVID-19 with booster & Influenza, prior to commencing employment.
Eastern Health is a child safe organisation, committed to promoting the wellbeing and cultural safety of Aboriginal children, children with disabilities and all children in their diversity.
Eastern Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that welcomes and values all people. We recognise that diversity is essential in ensuring Eastern Health provides the best service to its consumers.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, those from the LGBTIQ+ community, people living with disability and those from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, are strongly encouraged to apply. Those seeking support in submitting an application are welcome to contact the hiring manger listed or feel free to contact the Talent Acquisition team.
Close date: 30 November 2022
Point of contact:
Jessica Naqqash Jessica.Naqqash@easternhealth.org.au 0412 196 432
Keith Griffin Keith.Griffin@easternhealth.org.au 0467 723 767