Registered Nurse-Aged Persons Mental Health
About the organisation
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis.
About the role
No two days will be the same as you work within an established, friendly and supportive team environment, working closely together to care for patients along with providing opportunities for staff development and growth in areas that staff are passionate about.
We are excited to announce that we are seeking qualified Psychiatric Nurses to join our Aged Inpatient Unit at Dandenong Hospital.
The Psychiatric Nurses support patients and families during crisis and transition periods of their mental illness, considering a persons, physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs. The Nurses are responsive and flexible in coordinating and delivering care. Patients are provided with information and education to support their personal recovery journey through the therapeutic process in the clinical environment.
Bringing your passion and genuine interest into Acute Aged Persons’ Mental Health, you understand the complexities of working in this setting. You are a dynamic, key team player and willing to contribute to the continual improvement of your skills and knowledge as a Mental Health practitioner.
Qualifications and experience
- Demonstrated Nursing experience, in an Acute Aged Inpatient Unit or a Mental Health Graduate Program
- Minimum of post graduate Diploma in Mental Health nursing
- OR experience in a specialist undergraduate psychiatric nursing program
- OR hold a specialist post basic course which led to registration as a Psychiatric Nurse
- Willingness to take on a portfolio(s) contributing to ward quality improvements and National Standards
- Current Australian AHPRA nursing registration
- The ability to live and work in Victoria (Australia) without restriction, including ability to obtain all necessary police clearances and a Working with Children Check
We’re only able to accept applications submitted via the Monash Health online Mercury System.
For information including how to apply and probity check requirements, please refer to attached ‘Application Guide’ located under Position Documents on the webpage.
Close date: 30 November 2022
Point of contact:
0400 144 884
Job reference: REF 56676
Job location: Dandenong