Psychiatric Registered Nurse
About the organisation
Monash Health is a great place to work.
We recognise the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles and ICare values.
About the role
The Casey Intensive Mental Health Community Care Package Team is anticipated to be made up of experienced mental health clinicians offering speciality support to consumers with identified intensive mental health needs in the community. This team is engaged in providing care consistent with the Intensive Community Mental Health Packages guidelines from the Victorian Department of Health. Consumers will have a history of frequent presentations and readmissions to acute services.
This multidisciplinary team was developed to provide assertive community based mental health assessment and treatment for consumers living in the Casey Adult Mental Health Services catchment area and currently engaged with our Continuing Care Teams.
The position is also required to provide clinical supervision to identified staff within your identified discipline within Casey Adult Mental Health Services.
This role will be is based in the Casey area but the successful applicant may also be required to work from bases in Narre Warren, Berwick or Pakenham.
As an experience Psychiatric Registered Nurse, you will provide care coordination or case management with consumers:
- Established skills in assessing and planning interventions for consumers with complex needs
- An ability to collaboratively engage with consumers, carers and services providers who are currently linked with our mental health program case management services.
- A multidisciplinary approach will be required to work in partnership with the consumer and existing treating team to identify, formulate and support identified recovery goals and recommended interventions.
- An ability to provide discipline specific assessment and collaboration within a multidisciplinary team supporting consumers, carers and case management teams.
- Consultation with all parties with a collaborative plan of recovery focused goals and interventions with support provided in achieving a positive outcome for consumers and carers experiencing complex mental health issues
- A flexible and fluid approach to your care and an ability to pivot quickly to our consumers complex conditions
- A demonstrated leadership capability and an ability to work autonomously
What is offered
- Excellent career opportunity to utilise your clinical expertise in a community environment
- Work-life balance with a business hours schedule
- Be part of a highly skilled multidisciplinary team, dedicated to patient care
- A supportive Learning environment encouraging Post-Graduate studies
Mentorship & Career guidance
- Educational support.
How to apply
Applications are only accepted that are submitted via the Monash Health online Mercury System (e-recruit).
For information including how to apply and probity check requirements, please refer to attached ‘Application Guide’ located under Position Documents
Please note, applications will be screened upon receipt and selection activity may commence prior to the closing date.
Search our Facebook community 'Nursing and Midwifery Careers at Monash Health' to be part of an online group; keep updated with recruitment tips and opportunities at Monash Health.
Close date: 6 February 2023
Point of contact:
0400 144 884