Registered Psychiatric Nurse
- Flexible Monday to Friday role - No Weekends! No Nights!
- Outstanding learning opportunity to extend and grow as a Mental Health Nurse
- Challenge yourself and make a difference to the lives of our consumers
About the organisation
Monash Health is an impressive organisation of seven public hospitals, 21 community health sites, five aged care facilities, university affiliated international research and tertiary education. We provide healthcare for the entire lifespan from pre-birth to palliative care and all stages in between, and we have recently opened the new 230-bed Monash Children’s Hospital.
Stronger Together (MHIDI) team is part of the Adult Mental Health program and is located in Thomas Street, Dandenong. We provide multidisciplinary specialist assessment, clinical treatment and behavioural management support for people who have been diagnosed over the age of 16 years, with developmental-intellectual disability and a co-existing diagnosed mental health condition or suspected mental health condition, many of whom will have complex presentations and challenging behaviours.
About the role
The main focus for this position is to provide ongoing monitoring of mental state, risk, physical health and input into the formulation and treatment of consumers with a dual disability. This role works closely with the wider Multi Discplinary Team which includes but not limited to OT, Physio and a Speech Pathologist which will grow your capacity and further extend your clinical expertise.
This role will also incorporate senior responsibilities, which will include active involvement in clinical practice, leadership and management, education, safety and quality, practice development, and managing a clinical portfolio. The role is responsible for outcomes under the direction of the line manager.
This opportunity is a Full Time, Monday to Friday Ongoing position for a Fixed Term Contract to commence ASAP until March 2022. No nights! No Weekends! The position will also work in collaboration with other team members to consolidate the Model of Care, formulate clear service policy and guidelines and ensure the service is compliant with Quality & Safety, OHS and all other areas of reporting.
You are a suitably qualified Mental Health Nurse with exceptional clinical knowledge and assessment skills. You have experience in or have a keen interest in the intellectual disability sector. Whilst you can work autonomously you are also a strong team player and work efficiently in a team environment and are passionate to achieve outstanding outcomes for our consumers.
Required qualifications & registrations
- A post graduate diploma or higher studies in mental health nursing or equivalent
- Experience in mental health nursing within community preferred but not essential
- Experience working with people with a dual disability; mental health and intellectual disability is highly desirable but not essential
- Current registration through AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your acute clinical skills and knowledge base
- Avenues to further develop your leadership and project management skills
- Mentorship and career guidance
- Support to attend relevant forums and conferences
- A supportive learning environment, should you wish to undertake postgraduate studies
- In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay, access to onsite subsidised staff car parking and gym, uniform and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
How to apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please apply online through Mercury e-recruit as email applications will not be considered.
Current Monash Health employees should apply through Mercury using their Monash Health employee account. Our Recruitment Services team can answer any queries on this matter and can be reached on Phone: 9265 2776 or via email to email@example.com.
Offers of employment can only be made once all mandatory probity checks have been completed. These include:
- Reference checks
- A clear Police Check conducted within the last three months
- A current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same)
- Proof of immunisation
- A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
- Apply to join our clinical team within the Mental Health program at Monash Health!
Search our Facebook community 'Nursing and Midwifery Careers at Monash Health' to be part of an online group; keep updated with recruitment tips and opportunities at Monash Health.
Close date: 24 September 2021
Point of contact
0436 618 601