Nursing Recruitment Officer
First impressions count and so do you
An exciting opportunity presents for a Registered Nurse to move into the world of recruitment! This newly created part time RPN4 role will give you super flexibility! We are seeking a friendly, proactive professional who will be the ‘first point of contact’ for nursing applicants seeking a position at Forensicare. Your warm personality and ‘can do’ attitude will help attract, select and retain great nurses as we grow and expand our bed-based services. You will make a great first impression!
About the organisation
Forensicare is the state-wide specialist provider of forensic mental health services in Victoria. At Forensicare, we work to meet the needs of consumers with serious mental illness. We deliver a range of programs for patients at different stages of recovery, from early intervention and prevention, inpatient care, rehabilitation and community transition support. These services are delivered through:
- Forensic mental health hospital services
- Prison mental health services
- Community Forensic Mental Health Service
- Court Services
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment
About the role
The Nursing Recruitment Officer is a newly created, busy role (16 hours per week), which will be integral to identifying and attracting Registered Mental Health nurses, ensuring a positive candidate experience along the way.
In partnership with the Talent Acquisition Specialist and the Clinical Nursing team, you will undertake the full scope of the recruitment processes, including drafting advertisements, screening applications, setting up interview panels, conducting interviewing, reference checking, liaising with candidates and providing offers of employment in a responsive and timely manner.
The position will also play a key role in the future shaping of our nursing workforce.
- You are organised with an ability to time manage competing priorities
- You have a proven track record in building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- You can work autonomously and part of a multidisciplinary team
- You are consistent and fair.
- You understand the importance of confidentiality.
- You are currently working as a Registered nurse with current Ahpra registration
- You have the ability to quickly learn and use new IT systems
- You want to have move flexibility on when you work and ready to try something new!
What we offer
- Comprehensive orientation & training
- Study Leave Assistance/ Extensive Professional Development Programs
- Career pathways and options to work in hospital, prison and community settings
- Car Novated Leasing
- Salary Packaging - this is where a portion of your salary is tax free, meaning more disposable income
- Flexible work arrangements and working from home negotiable.
- Free Car Parking/ Free Gym/Swimming Pool Access
- Wellness Program/ Employee Assistance Program
Close date: 13 September 2021
Point of Contact