- Full time, permanent ongoing position
- Based in metro and regional prisons
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking except in CBD
About the organisation
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Completed in 2017, the new medium-security men's prison is located in Ravenhall Correctional Centre in Melbourne's west, providing world-class forensic mental health services in Victoria in a purpose-built state of the art facility developed to international best practice standards.
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
About the role
The Nurse Practitioner (RPN6) works within a interdisciplinary framework and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Expert assessment – holistic mental health and risk assessment
- Advocacy and access – ensuring timely access to appropriate mental health care and treatment
- Managing risk – applying risk management principles within a custodial setting.
- Complex mental health care and treatment – specialised interventions with highly complex and behaviourally challenging prisoners.
- Transition planning – facilitating successful transition from the prison to the community for prisoners with a mental illness.
Skills and experience:
- Extensive and advanced clinical knowledge and at least five years of experience in mental health nursing.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake comprehensive mental health and risk assessments and to plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of nursing in a prison environment.
Mandatory qualifications & regsitrations
- Postgraduate qualification in Mental Health Nursing or equivalent
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Agency (AHPRA)
This position is subject to a Police Check.
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions.
- Excellent leave entitlements.
- Post-graduate scholarship programs.
- Ongoing training and full orientation.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including Employee Assistance Programs.
Close date: 14 September 2021
Point of contact
(04) 6655 7994