Clinical Nurse Consultant - Mental Health & Alcohol and other Drugs Service (Bamaga)
- Location: Torres and Cape Hospital and Health Service, Bamaga
- Job reference: TC384122 - 2900131
- Full time and part-time vacancies available, both ongoing and fixed-term in duration
About the role
The Clinical Nurse Consultant Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drug Services (MH&AODS) is accountable at an advance practice level for the coordination of mental health clinical services, including assessment, treatment and case management, promoting the health and wellbeing of MH&AOD consumers and their families, within an integrated and collaborative recovery model of care that incorporates hospital and community components in different locations throughout the Torres and Cape region. This will include weekly travel to, and working within, Indigenous communities within the Torres and Cape region. Additionally, this incorporates the delivery of senior clinical guidance, supervision, mentoring and capacity building to less experienced clinical staff where required.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated high level knowledge and skills in culturally appropriate mental health and Alcohol and Other Drug assessment, evidence-based interventions, case management and the formulation of a recovery planning.
- Demonstrated high level skills in the development and collaboration of partnerships with consumers, carers, families, community and a wide range of service providers in and outside of remote communities in a complex health environment of ongoing organisational change that contribute to consumer outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and within a community based multi-disciplinary team setting within a remote indigenous community.
Total Remuneration value up to $143 803.00 comprising salary between $4449.80 - $4831.00 p.f employer contribution to superannuation (up to 12.75%) and annual leave loading (17.5%) (Nurse Grade 5
Close date: 10 September 2021
Point of contact
Melissa Micalizzi or Tim Shaw – (07) 4069.0695