Nurse Unit Manager – Mental Health Acute Inpatient Unit
- Full-time (40 hours per week, with monthly ADO), Fixed term position, ending 01/07/2024
- Parental leave coverage
- Warrnambool Campus
- $122,402 per annum, plus superannuation
About the organisation
As an organisation SWH prides themselves on their values; Care, Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Leadership and their overall dedication to the local community.
SWH respects all individuals and promote equity and inclusion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of all genders, sexual orientations, abilities, ages, racial, cultural and religious backgrounds and socio- economic status.
SWH is the major specialist referral centre for the Barwon South West sub-region, and provides a comprehensive range of acute, sub-acute, specialist, community, mental health and aged services.
With a population of 39,000 and a catchment of 100,000 Warrnambool is the regional centre to Victoria’s Great South Coast.
Learn about the vibrant town and region here.
About the role
The Nurse Unit Manager – Mental Health Acute Inpatient Unit is responsible for leading, managing and coordinating multidisciplinary staff to provide high quality integrated mental health acute inpatient services.
Working in partnership with the psychiatrists and senior staff, this position will oversee all clinical and operational aspects of the Mental Health Acute Inpatient Unit (MHAIU) to provide safe and recovery-orientated clinical services.
The Nurse Unit manager promotes leadership for staff within the Mental Health Acute Inpatient Unit, both operationally and strategically.
The successful applicant will have the ability to demonstrate excellent skills and experience in mental health services, including a proven ability to lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team.
Working as part of a collaborative and highly skilled leadership and management team, you would bring excellent verbal and written communication skills, a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of legislation, regulation and contemporary practice is a must.
Qualifications and experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications, AHPRA Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a registered nurse
- Completion of either Post Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing or Masters of Mental Health Nursing (or other relevant Post Graduate Course) required; or completion of a specialist undergraduate Mental Health Nursing program
- At least 5 years’ experience in the provision of mental health services.
- Qualifications in Business or management would be advantageous
How to apply
Submit your application by selecting the Apply button below and include a cover letter and resume by Sunday 4 June 2023. Please ensure you address the selection criteria as outlined in the position description.
Employment Terms and Conditions will be in line with the Victorian Public Mental Health Services Enterprise Agreement 2020-2024
The successful applicant will be required to be eligible for and undergo the following:
- Police Record Check
- Employee Working with Children’s Check
- Current Immunisation status
Close date: 4 June 2023
Point of contact:
Richard Campion - Executive Director Mental Health