Nurse Unit Manager
- Level up your career with this fantastic leadership opportunity in the centre of Geelong
- Play an integral role motivating and encouraging staff to achieve best outcomes for consumers
- Join a dynamic team with a strong focus on recovery oriented, least restrictive practices
- Develop new initiatives that promote positive outcomes for people accessing our services
- Permanent Full Time - 80 hours per fortnight (Inclusive of 1 x ADO per month)
About the organisation
Barwon Health’s Mental Health Drugs and Alcohol Services (MHDAS) provides integrated and recovery oriented mental health, drugs and alcohol assessment, treatment and community support to people of all ages within the Barwon region experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, mental health and drug & alcohol issues, and their families.
The Swanston Centre is a 32-bed acute psychiatric admission unit providing Recovery Orientated care delivery for people aged 18 and over, experiencing the effects of major mental illness/distress.
Our service is internationally recognised for its innovative clinical programs and integrated models of practice that value client centeredness, holistic care, accessibility, family inclusiveness, best practice, and ongoing professional development. We are fortunate to enjoy excellent internal relationships within our wide range of clinical programs. We have developed excellent partnerships with the local community that provide for seamless integrated care for our clients.
About the role
- Provide leadership and operational management to the Swanston Centre acute inpatient unit
- Coordinate bed flow to ensure those most in need have timely access to beds
- Be responsible for relevant quality reporting, business planning and service development
- Ensure a contemporary, evidence based, multidisciplinary practice
- Instil a recovery orientated, consumer centred approach to service delivery
- Implement peer support programs and advance care statements
- Engage in continuous improvement within the services
- Receive support from the Director of Nursing, education team and program manager
- Encourage and support the team on the ward and resolve any concerns where necessary
About the culture
The Swanston Centre boasts an award winning team who prioritise positive outcomes for the people accessing the service. The team within Swanston Centre are dynamic and work collaboratively with health services, consumers and their support networks to promote the wellbeing of our community.
The Acute Mental Health Leadership Team foster a supportive environment that promotes professional development, service improvement and enhanced intra- and inter- service relationships to ensure all staff, consumers and our community benefit from each interaction with mental health services.
About the culture
- Located in the northern suburbs of Geelong, we offer an easier commute from the Western Suburbs of Melbourne, rather than travelling across the city
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave and take leave without pay
- Professional development
- Access to 24/7 employee wellness facility
- Location location location - Doorstep to the Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast
- Attractive salary packaging benefits! Living Expenses capped at $9,010 and includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans and rental payments / Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650 and includes food and drink consumed in a social or entertainment settings and some accommodation expenditure
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact email@example.com noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
Applicants for this role must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and Influenza and meet the requirements of the Barwon Health immunisation policy.
Close date: 2 October 2022
Point of contact:
0400 157 200