Nurse Unit Manager – Adult Acute Inpatient Mental Health
Opportunity awaits you to develop your career in mental health management! This is an incredible opportunity to lead and support a pivotal area.
- Lead with the best and be a stand out role model as a mental health manager
- Based in South-East Victoria on the gorgeous Mornington Peninsula
- Salary $114,000 per annum plus super and excellent salary packaging benefits to increase your take home pay
About the organisation
Peninsula Health is the major metropolitan health service caring for a community of 300,000 people. Our vision is to provide exceptional health and community care.
In representing Peninsula Health, we expect all employees and volunteers to reflect our values: Be the Best, Be a Role Model, Be Open and Honest, Be Compassionate and Respectful and Be Collaborative. We are One Peninsula Health.
Based in South-East Melbourne, less than an hour from Melbourne CBD, Frankston and the Mornington Peninsula region are stunning beachside locations with a great sense of community. The areas are well-serviced by public transport, educational, sporting, recreational and retail facilities. Enjoy swimming with dolphins, bathing in the hot springs, walking through national parks, surfing, sailing or simply relaxing beachside.
Join Peninsula Health and be surrounded by beach, bush, an impressive array of restaurants & cafes, beautiful parks and gardens, and endless opportunities for fun!
Relocation support may be available for the right applicant!
About the role
The Adult Acute Inpatient Mental Health Unit (2 West) provides 24-hour, bed based, voluntary and compulsory short-term inpatient treatment. Working within a biopsychosocial framework, the multi-disciplinary team provides recovery-oriented treatment and interventions that are focused on transitioning clients safely back into the community.
As Nurse Unit Manager, you are responsible for the overall operational and clinical management including team leadership, budgets, targets and key performance indicators. You will also work closely with the Clinical Nurse Consultant to lead and coordinate quality improvement and accreditation, incorporating implementing advanced nursing practice standards, to coordinate patient flow process and facilitate service reviews.
What they offer
- Permanent, Monday – Friday ongoing role with excellent job security
- Based in South-East Melbourne on the gorgeous Mornington Peninsula
- Staff are highly valued and supported with strong and innovative leadership
- Dedicated Mental Health Learning Hub; have access to support that will help you on your career in Mental Health and supporting your team
- Opportunities in training and professional development to suit you in your career
- Recognising your contribution with exceptional salary of $114,000 per annum (full time) plus super
- Relocation package may be available
Qualifications and experience
- Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration
- Post graduate qualification in mental health or completion of a specialist undergraduate psychiatric / mental health nursing program
- Experience in a leadership or management role
- Minimum 5 years’ mental health experience
- Advanced leadership skills and demonstrated ability to lead in complex environments
Peninsula Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from all cultural backgrounds. We also provide a safe and supportive workplace for people with disabilities.
To find out more about our recruitment processes, compliance obligations and to prepare your application to join our team please visit: https://www.peninsulahealth.org.au/careers/working-preparing-employment
Join Peninsula Health and help us to deliver safe, personal, effective & connected care to every person, every time.
Close date: 8 December 2021
Point of contact:
The People, Experience & Performance Team
(03) 9784 2700