- Be part of the new purpose built Monash Children’s Hospital
- Full time Ongoing Nurse Manager position
- A centre for excellence with an integrated Clinical & Research program
About the organisation
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service and proudly provides healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire lifespan from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 22,000 of us work at over 40 care locations across south-eastern Melbourne. We recognise the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles and our five ICare values.
In 2022 Monash Health was nominated by LinkedIn as one of the top 25 organisations in Australia to grow your career.
Early in Life Mental Health Services (ELMHS) provides a range of mental health services to pregnant mothers, infants, children and adolescents and their families within the Southern Region. The organisational and clinical model has been developed to provide mental health care that is flexible and responsive to the individual and developmental needs of the perinatal to youth populations and their families. As such, this model will support the provision of integrated mental health care for young people, guided by consistent, service-wide protocols and principles of care.
The Monash Children’s Stepping Stones Adolescent In patient Unit is a 15 bed inpatient and five transition (Day) bed unit that offers care for adolescents aged 12 to 18 from broader ELMHS. The Adolescent Unit offers mental health Interventions to adolescents who present with acute and severe mental health problems, associated high risk factors and have difficulty maintaining their own safety and the safety of others.
About the role
This is a rare and truly exciting opportunity for a dynamic professional to lead and manage a dedicated team located in a brand new state of the art facility. We are seeking a Nurse Manager (NM) (Grade 5) to work in collaboration with the Consultant Psychiatrists to lead a dynamic, positive and cohesive team. The role requires Clinical, Leadership and Management expertise to drive an inpatient culture and model of care that delivers exceptional care to adolescence experiencing acute and severe mental health difficulties whilst offering care and support to their families / carer. This is a full-time ongoing role.
This is an opportunity to lead a specialist Health Nursing team in a state of the art facility. You’ll be challenged and inspired to contribute every day and will be rewarded by a passionate management team that values your contribution. Apply NOW to join Stepping Stones Adolescent Inpatient Unit at Monash Children’s Hospital.
As an experienced NM, you will demonstrate excellent clinical skills in working with Adolescence/Young people and Families who are in distress and face complex issues. You are dedicated to promoting their Health and Well-being through evidence-based individual and family interventions. You have extensive experience in Mental Health care and knowledge of developmental Psychiatry. You have established leadership and management skills and lead by example. Using your excellent communication skills, you work closely with a varied team of Mental Health and Allied professionals across Monash Health with the sole purpose of delivering exceptional care at all times.
Qualifications and experience
- Masters in psychiatric/mental health nursing or completion of a specialist undergraduate psychiatric nursing program or specialist post basic course of training
- Demonstrated Management, Clinical Leadership & Service Delivery experience in a similar role
- Superior Time Management & Communication skills
- Genuine thirst for learning and open to further study
- Thrive working in an inclusive & collaborative team environment
- Proactive in supporting colleagues at all levels as well as mentoring others
- An advocate for the Monash Health iCARE values
- Current AHPRA registration
- Management, Clinical & Leadership experience in Adolescent Mental Health
- Relevant working visa
- Relevant qualifications
Benefits of working for ELMHS
- Excellent career opportunity to utilise your Mental Health, Clinical & People Management expertise
- Be part of a highly skilled Nursing & Executive team, dedicated to patient & family centred care
- Mentorship & Career guidance
- Salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay
- A comprehensive Health and Wellbeing program
- Free vaccinations
- Private health insurance at discounted rates
- Health imaging services
- + more
Close date: 9 June 2023
Point of contact:
0400 144 884