Mental Health Nurse Job Opportunities
Develop mental health plans and conduct risk assessments. Provide care that will have a lasting positive impact. Seeking a Melbourne inner suburbs role or perhaps a tree change?
About the organisation
Correct Care Australasia is Australia's largest correctional healthcare provider, operating across all of Victoria's fourteen publicly managed prisons, one private prison, and two youth justice centres. Our vision, to provide 'Healthcare Without Judgement', is the foundation for the outstanding service we provide across a range of health needs for a unique and vulnerable patient group.
About the role
We are seeking experienced Mental Health Nurses to join our primary care team at the following facilities, across Melbourne/Victoria:
- Malmsbury Youth Justice Centre (Malmsbury, Victoria)
- Parkville Youth Justice Centre (Parkville, Victoria)
- Metropolitan Remand Centre (Ravenhall, Victoria)
- Ravenhall Correction Centre (Ravenhall, Victoria)
- Dame Phyllis Frost Centre (Deer Park, Victoria)
There are full time and part time permanent positions available, and you will need to be flexible to work across all shifts.
You will have responsibility for your decisions working autonomously in this nurse-led role, with the support of a passionate multidisciplinary team. Working with this vulnerable patient cohort offers our staff the chance to provide continuity of care within a recovery-based model.
Relocation assistance available for interstate candidates - Making this is a great opportunity to experience a tree-change in Regional Victoria or Melbourne metro, and we can provide relocation assistance.
- Develop and review patient’s mental health care plans, in consultation with the patient
- Closely monitor patients mental state and provide thorough mental health assessments and risk assessments in an outpatient setting
- Provide primary mental health discharge planning
- Provide primary health care support to patients, throughout their stay at the correctional facility
- Liaise with a multidisciplinary healthcare team to provide coordinated patient management
Your skills and experience
- Registered General Nurse qualification with a post graduate Mental Health qualification or equivalent (Undergraduate Degree in MHN). Candidates with significant mental health experience currently undertaking a post grad qualification will be considered.
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- A minimum of at least one year post graduate psychiatric nursing experience
- Recent nursing experience in a mental healthcare setting
- Superior communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Proven experience dealing with complaints and incident management
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills.
Why Correct Care?
Our recent staff survey highlighted some of the reasons we come to work every day:
- To be non-judgmental, delivering equal care to all.
- Working with a great team.
- Having adequate resources to do the job well.
- To be able to provide care to a vulnerable population.
- Working in a custodial environment which is interesting and challenging.
For more information about Correct Care, click here to watch a video
Point of contact:
Navin Mundackal - Recruitment Business Partner
0428 052 442