Mental Health Clinical Nurse Coordinator / CEC
- Senior leadership roles available within the Mental Health nursing team
- Two full-time, permanent opportunities across Monash Health
- Develop, innovate and coordinate education delivery across the Mental Health pro
About the organisation
Monash Health has an exciting opportunity for two committed, organised and motivated individuals to work within Nursing and Midwifery Education & Strategy (NaMES) as Clinical Education Coordinators (CEC) / Clinical Nurse Consultants within our Mental Health Program. This unique opportunity has come about due to NaMES service expansion creating new positions.
As an integral member of the NaMES and Senior Mental Health team, you will demonstrate leadership and the ability to develop and coordinate a dynamic team of educators to deliver education and training to nursing and midwifery staff at all levels within the organisation. You will demonstrate a strong understanding of contemporary nursing workforce issues, the ability to lead projects and fully engage with relevant stakeholders and consumers.
About the role
This position will:
- Contribute to delivering a future ready nursing and midwifery workforce in Mental Health
- Enrich the culture of learning and growth within identified across Mental Health and Monash Health
- Lead projects and educational workshops across Mental Health identifying opportunities for enhancement and further alignment to operational requirements
- Support the development, delivery, and coordination of evidence based education and training programs for Monash Health that are contemporary and aligned to organisational priorities,
- Ensure education and training delivered:
- enhances current care standards in accordance with the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards and Foundations of Care
- enable staff of all levels to provide high quality evidence based care
- Support the education team and demonstrate leadership in performance management, professional development and performance enhancement for staff
- Working collaboratively with the leadership team including the multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrate agility and work as a change agent
You thrive on a challenge that comes from working to deliver new and innovative education strategies. You are a highly skilled nurse who brings current, well-developed clinical skills, and whose excellent engagement, communication and collaboration in a team environment is second nature. You have a passion for supporting all levels of learners and assist in professional development of the workforce. Your clinical and bedside expertise is current, and you are confident, experienced and flexible in adapting to delivering education in an ever changing environment.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant Qualification (Post Graduate Mental Health)
- 5 years' experience as Mental Health clinician
- NMBA registration as a registered nurse
- Australian working rights
- You are flexible, enthusiastic and committed to developing innovative programs that facilitate the professional development of Monash Health nurses and midwives.
Close date: 20 March 2023
Point of contact:
For a confidential discussion and to explore the opportunity further, please call: Briege Magee, Deputy Director of Nursing & Midwifery (0409 876 471)
Job Ad Reference: 59746