Mental Health Access and Quality in Emergency Departments Summit
Emergency department demand remains high and has escalated. Mental health presentations to the Emergency Department (ED) continue to be the most complex and demanding for the frontline team triaging, assessing, and supporting them.
This summit seeks to address the complex challenges and showcase real-life examples of effective and innovative models of care where improvements in access and quality of care outcomes are evident.
Attend this conference to be better equipped to:
- Reduce restrictive practices through trauma responsive care
- Learn and apply appropriate therapeutic communication skills for ED de-escalation
- Integrate and enhance your frontline approach for mental health presentations
- Leverage from others’ experience working collaboratively with emergency services to reduce emergency demand
- Increase emergency diversions through better community service interface and relationships
- Redesign your model of care to support better access and streamline bed flow
- Learn how to reconsider your constrained emergency department environment to better support complex acute mental health presentations
22 March - 30 June 2023
28-29 June 2023
Additional workshops 30 June
12 for conference and 2 each for the workshops
Melbourne and Online