Enrolled Nurse or Registered Nurse – Mental Health
Full time and part-time roles for Mental Health ENs, RNs & RPNs | Private not-for-profit hospital | Voluntary inpatient unit | Camberwell 3124
- Safe and values based working environment
- Roster flexibility to accommodate personal needs
- Benefits inc salary packaging & development opportunities through internal scholarship program
- Multiple opportunities for Enrolled Nurses, Registered Nurses or Registered Psychiatric Nurses with mental health experience
- Full time and part-time roles available
- Camberwell location, close to public transport and the Monash Freeway
About the organisation
Epworth’s Rehabilitation and Mental Health services are some of the most progressive of their kind in Australia. Our clinical approach involves individualised treatment and collaborative team decision-making to achieve outstanding outcomes for patients. We have forged a strong team ethos across our four campuses in Richmond, Hawthorn, Camberwell and Brighton.
At Epworth, we care
We care about our patients and we care about our people. We care about keeping everyone safe. We care about valuing and empowering our people, and growing careers. And we care about giving our people support and flexibility to thrive, and contribute to our communities.
Benefits of working at Epworth Clinic
It’s the sense of belonging and being part of an organization that puts the patient in the centre of all that is done. In addition to this, you will have access to:
- Annual salary range for full time – AUD $62,056 p.a. to AUD $87,620 + super + entitlements depending on registration type, year level and position (prorated for part-time)
- Salary packaging benefits of up to $9,010p.a.
- Development opportunities for RNs interested in progressing to a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)
- Development opportunities for ENs to undertake 12-month training program in Fundamentals to Mental Health Nursing
- A flexible and fair weekly roster
- Zero or reduced out-of-pocket expenses for health services at Epworth
- Discounted private health insurance
- The largest internal education scholarship program in Australia
About the role
Options exist for you to work in a full-time or part-time capacity (let us know your preference in your application) within Epworth’s acute inpatient mental health unit, based in Camberwell.
Our service consists of 63 beds across two inpatient units and provides specialist, compassionate, multidisciplinary recovery oriented mental health care to general adult psychiatry, younger adult psychiatry and old age psychiatry.
You will make an impact by:
- Providing compassionate recovery orientated mental health care to patients and their families/carers
- Conducting patient assessments, care planning and managing clinical issues relating to the patient’s condition and treatment plan
- Liaising with referring specialists and clinicians involved in the patient’s care
- Liaising and engaging with the Epworth Centre for Innovation in Mental Health
You are an experienced Mental Health nurse who is passionate about patient care and facilitating the very best outcomes for your patients. A strong communicator, you have a supportive and engaging style that enables you to easily build rapport with patients and their families.
Qualifications and experience
- Current unrestricted AHPRA Nursing registration
- Relevant recent experience in the provision of acute Mental Health care
- A thorough understanding of the principles of recovery-oriented care, mental state assessment, care planning and specialist care delivery.
- A valid employee Working with Children Check (provided by you).
Enquire/apply for this position
Sound interesting? To apply, click the 'Learn more' button now and attach your CV and cover letter.
As a child safe organisation, all successful applicants will be required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by Epworth) and hold a valid employee Working with Children Check (provided by you).
At Epworth, we believe inclusion and diversity are essential to our culture and values. We focus on fairness and opportunity for all – across race, ability, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs – that reflect the communities we work in. At Epworth, we care.
Close date: 4 November 2021
Point of contact:
Lola Valent - (02) 9805 4117
Chris Cooper-Wallis - (02) 98814638