Enrolled Nurse Transition To Practice Program
- Full time Fixed term
- Mental Health Enrolled Nurses - Multiple Positions
- Join with a new cohort of ENs in a supportive team environment
- Free onsite parking
Interviews held week beginning November 2022
The Enrolled Nurse Transition To Practice Program is a 12 month program that provides Enrolled Nurses an opportunity to gain experience and clinical competency in Mental Health. In this program you will be supported to develop your skills and confidence to deliver excellent patient care.
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Forensicare is situated across five sites across Victoria with its largest site being Thomas Embling Hospital, located in Fairfield just 15 minutes north of the Melbourne CBD.
Thomas Embling Hospital is a 136 bed secure hospital providing acute care, rehabilitation and continuing
- Participate in the assessment of and management planning for individual patients under the direction of the Registered Psychiatric Nurse.
- Encourage and facilitate the involvement of clients and carers in management planning.
- Identify needs and, under direction, provide interventions in the area of basic physiological requirements.
- Contribute to the unit’s security requirements as directed, including participating in patient escorts.
- Under direction, carry out basic therapeutic or rehabilitative tasks with patients, either individually or in groups.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated commitment to mental health consumer recovery.
- Ability to gain understanding of mental health nursing principles.
- A commitment to ongoing training and development.
- Experience in mental health setting advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic nursing assessments of patients, and to contribute to the planning, implementing and evaluating of interventions.
Qualifications and experience
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Agency (AHPRA)
- This position is subject to a Police Check.
- Great salary packaging conditions.
- Excellent leave entitlements.
- Post-graduate scholarship programs.
- Ongoing training and full orientation.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
Close date: 24 October 2021
Point of contact: