Child and Youth Mental Health Services Senior Nurse Manager
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Position Classification: Nurse Manager Grade 4
- Remuneration: $2572.40 - $2617.60 per week
- Hours Per Week: 38
- Requisition ID: REQ282558
- Location: Hornsby Kuringai Hospital
Looking for a new opportunity and diverse role? Northern Sydney Local Health District (NSLHD) Child & Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS) is seeking an experienced, strategic nursing leader to step into the role of Senior Nurse Manager, Child and Youth Mental Health Services.
The successful applicant would be an integral member of an Executive CYMHS group which manages a broad spectrum of child and youth mental health clinical services including an inpatient Unit; community based CYMHS teams; Coral Tree Family Admission Service; Perinatal and Infant Mental Health (PIMH) Services; Got-IT; School Link; a Youth Response Team, Outreach Service; Early Psychosis teams; and an emerging Peer Workforce.
About the role
The NSLHD Nursing and Midwifery Workforce will be compassionate, competent, confident, contemporary, capable and committed to leading person-centred health care.
Portfolios under the Senior Nurse Manager remit include CYMHS Outreach (OSCA) team; PIMH team; School Link; CYMHS Professional nursing issues. The role includes a strong service development focus.
NSLHD CYMHS is an active part of the NSLHD Mental Health Drug and Alcohol Service Executive and has a strong track record of trauma-informed, person and family-centred care; excellence in service delivery; innovation in clinical service design and professional development of all staff.
Qualifications and experience
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours that reinforce the CORE Values of our organisation; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment.
- Demonstrates these behaviours with all stakeholders; colleagues, direct reports, as well as our patients and consumers, and those that care for them.
- Registered Nurse with current APHRA registration and relevant post-graduate qualification in management or evidence of working towards same/willingness to enroll and demonstrated commitment to professional development.
- Extensive post-graduate experience in the management of and leadership in child and/or youth mental health clinical service delivery.
Relevant experiences in service re-design or project management.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, work well under pressure and manage communications and information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the capacity to manage and negotiate complex systems and service relationships.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading/participating in quality improvement and/or clinical improvement projects.
- Hold a current NSW drivers licence.
Close date: 25 January 2022
Point of contact: